White chocolate and raspberry really are a bit of a match made in heaven. These white chocolate raspberry blondies are’t the healthiest thing in the world but if you’re in the market for an indulgence, this is the recipe for you.
A boss walks into his office one day to find one of his blonde female workers hanging from the ceiling.
‘What are you doing?!?’ he asks.
‘I’m a light bulb, I’m a light bulb,’ she responds.
‘You’ve clearly lost it, I think you should go home for the day,’
The blonde gets down from the ceiling, grabs her bag and walks out the door. Another blonde gets up and starts to follow the first.
‘Where do you think you’re going?’ asks the boss.
‘You don’t expect me to work in the dark do you?’
White chocolate & raspberry blondies
These white chocolate raspberry blondies are far from from a joke, they’re seriously delicious.
Yes they’re a far cry from my usual healthy snacks but we have to indulge every now and then right? Everyone knows that raspberries and white chocolate are besties from way back. The only way the relationship could get any better was if they added some crumble macadamias to the mix (note to self, add them next time).
Adding prep, cooking and cooling time, you’ll be savouring a square of this delicious slice about an hour after deciding to bake it. Go on, you know you want to!
You might also like my white chocolate and macadamia cookies.
I totally changed up the method to make these babies. The original recipe had things like double boilers and sugar syrup and all manner of complicated steps. Naturally I made it easy enough to mix up in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
Slice them up when they’re cool.
Wrap a pretty napkin around each one as a cute way to serve them at a picnic or at work to stave off blonde moments. I personally had had enough of tying the little bows after two but you might have more patience than me. Enjoy!
So what about you? What’s your favourite blonde joke?
ps I’m blonde so I’m allowed to tell blonde jokes and I won’t be offended by yours!
Do you also love regular chocolate? I’d love to give you a free copy of my chocolate recipe eBook. You can download a copy here.
- 60g raspberries
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 150g butter, melted
- 250g white chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⅔ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan-forced and grease and line a large loaf tin or 20x30cm lamington pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir it through.
- Stir through the melted butter then fold in the chopped white chocolate.
- Spread the batter into the baking tin.
- Microwave the berries for 30 seconds or until soft then moosh them with a fork to break them up.
- Spoon the raspberries over the top of the batter and then use a skewer to swirl it through the top.
- Bake the blondies for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out with just a few sticky bits of crumb.
- Leave it to cool completely in the tin.