30 minute bread makes wonderful little dinner rolls for a party. They’re delicious, quick and easy to make.
30 minute bread
If I see a recipe that looks too good to be true I always have to give it a go. 30 minute bread fell under that category. There was no way in my mind, you could make yeasted bread in 30 minutes. Seriously, bread needs to be loved and cared for and left to rise right?
This recipe claimed that you could think ‘hmm I need bread’ and be eating it 30 minutes later. It turns out you actually can.
The first time I made it I didn’t have the water at quite the right temperature so it didn’t rise all that much but it was still pretty good. If you follow the tips you should be able to turn out some rather decent bread in a very short time.
I will admit, it’s not the best bread that I’ve ever baked but when you need bread quickly and eat it nice and fresh it’s delicious. Plus it’s bread. In 30 minutes. I still can’t quite believe it and I’ve made it multiple times now. If you’ve got a little bit of extra time, you might also like to try my easy Turkish Bread.
A few tips to make sure it’s perfect:
- Make sure your water is at the right temperature (approximately 110F) to activate the yeast or the bread won’t rise.
- Cornmeal (or polenta) on the bottom is not essential but I think it makes the bread look more authentic.
- You can bake these whatever shape or size you like just make sure they are all evenly-sized so they take the same time to cook.
- Apparently the ice in the bottom of the oven is the secret to this recipe so don’t forget.
- DO NOT open the oven until the bread has been in there at least 15 minutes or you’ll
- I like this bread best as a toasted sandwich – it’s kind of like a panini and delicious with cheese.
This would make wonderful little dinner rolls for a party. I can imagine them warm from the oven spread with butter. Mmmm. Enjoy!
What about you? Do you make bread? Do you believe me that you can make bread in 30 minutes?
Connect with Claire K Creations!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and tag @clairekcreations so I can see all the wonderful Claire K Creations recipes and creations YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in!
It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, tips, tricks and tools
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag @clairekcreations so I can see all the wonderful Claire K Creations recipes and creations YOU make!
It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, tips, tricks and tools for making life simpler, more natural and more connected and see what’s new around here (so that you never miss a new recipe, tip or trick)!
If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Need dinner ideas & can't get to the shops?
Hi, I'm Claire. I'd love to send you a free copy of my eBook '12 ingredients, 11 recipes.'
Learn to to create 11 easy, tasty meals using just 12 basic ingredients from your pantry & freezer - no running to the shops.