Peanut salted caramel chocolate bites
Do you ever have moments where an idea just hits you?
Maybe it’s just me but it’s like I get bolts of inspiration and on Saturday I was hit with a bolt of chocolate.
In fairness I’d been dreaming up these chocolate bars all week but I was missing one element.
I wanted a little something to give my girlfriends at our annual Christmas dinner and I’d gotten so far as chocolate & peanuts but I knew it was missing something… salted caramel! I had a little box of salted caramel chocolates stashed in the pantry for chocolate emergencies (as you do).
Peanut salted caramel chocolate bites were born.
I know how stressful Christmas can be and how tough it can be to think of gifts for everyone. Plus finding the time to buy stuff and wrap it or make it if you’re that way inclined. These are SUPER easy to make and I think they should cover all bases for you.
Except maybe your friends who are allergic to peanuts or your total-health-nut friends but surely even they splurge for Christmas?
You could swap out the peanuts with roasted macadamias so you don’t give the peanut-allergic friend a trip to emergency for Christmas.
For your healthy friends, you could give them some nut-free Christmas bliss balls.
NOTE: On that sweet, delicious note I’m going to leave you for the year. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful reader. I love having you around. Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group if you haven’t already. In there I share more tips, tricks and tools to make life less cluttered, simpler and more organised (and delicious recipes of course).
I’ll be taking a break from December 22 – January 17 and can’t wait to share 2018 with you and introduce The Household Revolution. Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful festive season. x Claire
- 400g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 x 200g packet of salted caramel chocolates or plain salted caramels chopped roughly
- 1½ cups roasted peanuts
- Place the chocolate in a pot and heat, stirring, over low heat until just melted (don't stop stirring!).
- Take it off the heat and stir in the butter.
- Stir in the salted caramels and peanuts.
- Spread into a foil tin 20x30cm and refrigerate until solid (about 2h).
- Remove from fridge and take the whole slab out of the tin and onto a chopping board.
- Use a sharp butchers knife to cut into squares.
- Refrigerate until serving.