These vegan cheesy cauliflower popcorn is sure to turn any veggie-hater into a lover. The secret – nutritional yeast aka nutritional deliciousness. It might just be your new best friend when it comes to feeding little ones.
(This post is sponsored by Blackmores).
I never used to be a cauliflower lover. I’m sure my poor mother tried over the years but remember, if you’ve been around here for a while you’ll know it’s easier to list the foods that I would eat growing up than the things I wouldn’t.
I don’t know why, maybe it’s the smell of it but I was even reticent to try it. Cauliflower rice? Ah no thanks I’ll take good old regular rice please.
Then, my pusher of the healthy foods (she’s introduced me to a lot of goodness), nutritionist and friend Shannon suggested I try it with nutritional yeast. Well first I had to find out what exactly that was but once I’d tried it, WOW.
Seriously, if you haven’t tried it you need to run out and get some right now. It will take your roast veggies from yum to amazing and it’s packed full of goodness (anyone need an energy boost?).
This recipe is ridiculously easy and if you were feeling lazy you could probably just throw the cauliflower in the food processor or Thermomix and give it a quick blitz rather than breaking the florets by hand.
Make sure you cook it until it browns so it’s nice and crispy.
You might also like cheesy broccoli tots.
- 1⁄4 head of cauliflower
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan-forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Break the cauliflower into tiny little florets (as small as you can) and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle over the salt, turmeric and nutritional yeast and toss then add the oil and toss again.
- Spread in a single layer on the tray and bake for 15-20 mins or until they start to turn golden.
- Serve warm.