Raw mint chocolate with peanut butter is an irresistible wholefood treat that takes just a few minutes to make and can be enjoyed knowing there’s a good dose of nutrition in there too.
Raw Mint chocolate with peanut butter
This recipe 100% has to come with a warning. Maybe you have some form of self-control but I seem to be powerless to this chocolate.
Something gets in my brain that tells me it’s ‘healthy’ so I can eat as much as I want.
While it’s not exactly bad for you, ‘moderation’ is not eating half a batch of chocolate in one sitting. It’s actually got some pretty amazing health benefits.
Cacao (the star ingredient) is the raw, unprocessed version of cocoa (the stuff we grew up with like in my childhood chocolate cake) and has some pretty incredible health benefits. Yep chocolate can be really good for you.
I keep making the mistake, accidentally on purpose of putting my raw chocolate in a jar on the eye-level shelf of the fridge so that every time I open the fridge i.e. 1000 times a day if I have a child at home, I see it and must have a piece.
I’m a big fan of making things from scratch. I like to know what goes into my food and I also like the flexibility of being able to whip something up without a trip to the shops (I always have a pretty well-stocked pantry).
The recipe below is my favourite way to enjoy it but the best thing about it is you can mix it up. Add chopped nuts, dried fruit, coconut… pretty much anything you like can be added to the recipe just stir it through when you take it off the heat or pour the melted chocolate into the tin and sprinkle the toppings on straight away.
I will add that I use doTERRA essential oils. If you’re not using doTERRA please make sure that your oils are 100% pure and safe for ingestion.
You can also mix it up with different oils. Sometimes I use cinnamon or orange is pretty delicious too.
- prep 2 min : cook 5 min : serves - about a block
- ½ cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- honey (about a tsp but you need to taste it and sweeten to your liking)
- ½ cup puffed brown rice
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (make sure it's 100% pure - I use dōTERRA
- Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper (or a silicone liner).
- Place the cacao butter, peanut butter and honey in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted.
- Add the cacao and mix it through.
- Take off the heat and stir through the essential oil and puffed rice.
- Pour into the tin and refrigerate.
- Once solid, break into shards and pop in an airtight container back in the fridge
- You can use anything in place of the peanut butter and puffed rice.
- - chopped dried fruit, nuts, seeds... whatever floats your boat, this is just for you!