20 healthy Valentines Day treats from vegan to Paleo, gluten-free to egg-free, I have you covered this Valentines Day.
20 healthy Valentines Day treats
Valentine’s Day is usually an excuse to gorge yourself on chocolate whether it’s to celebrate being madly in love or commiserate the opposite. Instead of going a bit over the top on the naughty stuff, I have put together a collection of some healthier options.
Now don’t get me wrong, you’ll probably still regret eating a whole batch of any of these treats but they all have some nice, healthy ingredients. Some a vegan or gluten or sugar-free and some have hidden veges like beetroot and sweet potato. The all look rather delicious though so without further ado I give you 20 healthy Valentines Day treats…
1. Buckwheat shortbread hearts dipped in chocolate and sesame by Kitchen Vignettes.
2. Pink coconut chocolate bites by Vegan Richa – these ones use beetroot to colour the bar pink.
3. Paleo chocolate brownies with chocolate fudge sauce by Eat Drink Paleo – the secret ingredient is a purple sweet potato.
4. Cinnamon heart paleo biscuits with strawberry icing by Ditch the Wheat
5. Heart healthy Valentine’s Chocolates by Super Healthy Kids.
6. Paleo black forest pudding by Eat Drink Paleo
7. Flourless chocolate brownies with salted peanut butter icing by Nutritionist in the Kitchen
8. Gluten-free chocolate cake with peppermint ganache by A Calculated Whisk
9. Pomegranate ice cubes by Rachel Jane
11. Heart shaped fruit sticks by Modern Parents Messy Kids
12. Valentine’s salad bouquet by Super Healthy Kids
13. Dark chocolate cherry walnut truffles by Oh She Glows
14. Raw peanut butter fudge by Me!
15. Strawberry cream cheese sandwiches by Modern Parents Messy Kids
16. Vegan and gluten free double dark chocolate macaroon tart by Oh She Glows
17. Vegan strawberry dark chocolate chunk ice cream by Nutritionist in the Kitchen
18. Dark chocolate strawberries by the Savage Feast
19. Strawberry yoghurt hearts by Bespangled Jewelry
20. Valentine’s breakfast muffins by Eating Richly
You might also like to try my very own Vegan no-bake chocolate cupcakes perfect for Valentine’s Day.
If you still haven’t found a recipe that makes your heart sing, check out my Healthy Valentine’s Day Pinterest board for more inspiration.