I LOVE my slow cooker. Seriously, what’s not to love about something that you literally throw a few ingredients into then walk away for a few hours and come back to a delicious, cooked meal?
The slow cooker makes life so much easier, reduces stress and the bonus is that you can use really inexpensive cuts of meat and it makes them mouth-wateringly delicious.
I use the Breville Flavour Saver and I love it because the bowl of it comes out so you can brown things on the stove then put the bowl back into the base to slow cook and you don’t have to wash up an extra pan.
My Mum’s is even better and has a browning function on it (it’s pretty high-tech) but really any slow cooker will do the job well.
Questions I’ve been asked:
- Yes I leave it on when I’m not at home (this is not advice to do so but I do it).
- If there’s too much liquid at the end you can take the lid off and let it cook on high to cook off some of the liquid.
- Size-wise I’d get the biggest you can afford. It’s better to have it too big than too small.
- The tough cuts of beef like chuck, blade and brisket work really well and turn out really tender.
- Don’t worry too much about trimming the fat off meat. It just dissolves into deliciousness.
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE slow cooker eBook. You can get a copy here.